At the OSA, we believe that children are inspired and motivated to play with other children, and they especially like to play with older kids.
The Practise Buddy Program pairs young musicians with older students, for one-time sessions, short-term practices or regular sessions throughout the year. A special bond often develops between the older and younger students; Practise Buddies are well-trained to help teach and motivate younger players.
Benefits to Younger Musicians
- Provides variety -- practice sessions are different than playing with Mom or Dad
- Motivation to learn specific songs increases
- Practise Buddies make things fun with games and / or fresh ideas
- Practise Buddies can empathize with tricky songs – they’ve played them too!
Practise Buddy Requirements
- Book 4 or higher; at least 13 years old
- Complete six hour training course (held every two years) and six hours of observation with a sanctioned Suzuki Trainer
- An interest in helping and having fun with younger musicians
How it Works:
- Contact us to be connected with a Practise Buddy
- Hourly fee will be determined by the Practise Buddy’s playing level, experience in the program and location of the practice
- If 24 hours notice is not provided for a session cancellation, it is OSA policy that the Practise Buddy receive compensation for the missed practice.